If you’re like most people, you probably named your AirPods something along the lines of “left” and “right.” But what if you want to change their name? It’s actually very easy to do! In this blog post, we’ll show you how. Keep reading for more information.
How do I change the name of my AirPods?
You can rename your AirPods by opening up the “Find My iPhone” app on your Mac or iOS device. Once you’re logged in, tap on your Apple ID at the top right corner of the screen and choose “System Preferences.”
(If you don’t have this app on your Mac, you can download it from the App Store for free.)
Now that we’re in System Preferences, we need to click on “AirPods.” Once we do that, we’ll see a menu with some options and “Renew,” which is what we want. Click it and give the AirPods a new name.
Now, if you have your AirPods with you, click “Update.” Once they are updated, click “Done.” You can now unplug the AirPods and use them! They will be using their new name.
How do I change the name of my Airpods on my iPhone?
You can name your AirPods on your iPhone by going to Settings > Bluetooth. Once you’re in Settings, tap the “i” next to the device name and tap on the information icon next to it.
Here, you can rename your AirPod device name. The new name will appear everywhere that the AirPods appear, such as on your Mac and Apple Watch.
If you want to change the name of your AirPods that’s paired with your iPhone, then go into Bluetooth settings and tap “i” next to the device name. You can then go ahead and rename it by tapping the text box, typing a new name and hitting “Done.”
Rename Your Airpods: Easy Method
1. Connect to your AirPods
2. Go to “Settings” and then tap the name of your AirPods
3. Select “Change Name” from the list of options
4. Enter a new name for your Airpods in the pop-up window
5. Tap on “Done” when you’re finished naming them
6. You’ll now see that your Airpods have been renamed!
7) Return to Settings > General > Reset where you can reset all settings if needed, including those related to Bluetooth pairing with other devices such as speakers, TVs, or car stereos]].
The same steps apply if you want to rename any other device connected via Bluetooth, such as an Apple Watch or iPad Pro]]. It’s important that each device has a unique name so it doesn’t get confused with another one.]]
Also Read: Can Apple Airpods be used in the GYM ?
Fix For Unable to Change Airpods Name
If you are unable to change the name on your Airpods there could be a few reasons behind that. Let’s discuss this and fix all the issues.
1. Delete and re-pair your AirPods with your device:
It is the most common reason behind all issues. You can try out this method if you are facing any problems after renaming your Airpods.
2. Make Sure that your name is not similar to another device:
If your AirPods and other Bluetooth devices have the same names it may create trouble for your devices as both of them will try to connect which will lead to trouble. So, make sure that you have different names for your Airpods and other Bluetooth devices.
3. Restart your iOS Device:
If the above method won’t work out then restart your iOS device and check if it works fine now, there it should fix all the issues.
3. Reset all of the AirPods to factory settings
If the above methods are not working out for you then it is highly recommended that you should go to Settings > General > Reset where you can reset all settings if needed, including those related to Bluetooth pairing with other devices such as speakers, TVs or car stereos. The same steps apply if you want to rename any other device connected via Bluetooth
4. Charge up or replace one of the AirPods if it is not working properly
If you are unable to mend up the problems with your AirPods at any of the above steps then try pairing both the AirPods on your device. If it doesn’t help, replace or charge one of the AirPods and check if it is working fine now.
5. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS on your device
Lastly, make sure that you have the latest version of iOS on your device. The newer versions of iOS incorporate new features and bug fixes where the AirPods connectivity is concerned.]]
Can I change the name of my Airpods to a custom name?
Yes. You can change the official name of your Apple AirPods to a custom name, using the steps in the article. It is strongly recommended that you keep each device’s Bluetooth name unique, however, or else it may cause issues.]]
Also Read: How to Skip Songs with Airpods?
What are Cool Names For Airpods ?
You want your AirPods name to be cool and fancy.
Here are some of the cool names that you may fancy renaming your Airpods to:
- Apple Cider (or other sorts of cider)
- Swaggy (For those who like to be cool and hip)
- Snuggles (For someone you care about)
- Pancakes (Because pancakes are the best thing ever. Also, it is a good reinforcement for your Airpods being given to you by your father)
- Pudding (Because, why the heck not? Also, it makes you feel happy. Just like pudding!)
- Sweets (If you are fond of baked goods, then this is a good name for your AirPods)
- Bubbles (Who doesn’t love bubbles? Besides, it is a pretty name for your AirPods)
- Doodle Bug (If you love to doodle and hav fun, then this name may be a nice fit for you. Also, if you have a younger sibling or a child that likes to bug around, they could tell their AirPods from yours by calling them ‘Doodle Bug’ because that’s what you named yours)
- Fruit Loop (This is a fun name for your AirPods, especially if all of the devices hooked up to Bluetooth have different names. As for renaming your Apple Watch, you can call it Lasso or Hoopla.)
- Hopscotch (This name makes you think of fun, doesn’t it?)
- Laptop (This is the official name for an Apple laptop. It just works out if you’re trying to be on brand)
- Manicure (Translated in French, this word simply means ‘Nail Polish’. If most Bluetooth devices have different names and your AirPods are your favorite, then you can name them something that is special to you. For example, if you love to do your nails often, you can call them ‘Manicure’. Especially if they are fuschia or neon pink.]]